Master Mixing Career and Fun

What a busy world we live in! How do you pack it all into 24 hour day? Get personal with Melanie Roum, who wears many hats. Wife, entrepreneur, movie lover, social worker, sister, daughter, aunt, sponsor, advertiser...All kinds of hats to discuss here! Some will say I think too much, and I'm intense, so read on!

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

What should I do with this disappointment?

Yesterday was great. At least 3/4 of it. I went back to work at my part time job after two weeks off. Everyone was so happy to see me back, and I was really glad to see them too! I really didn't have a lot of catching up to do, thanks to the dedicated social workers and case managers that I work with. And then the evening fell apart. Three crappy things happened, but I'll tell you the worst of them.

My sponsor in Gold Entertainment is going on the Power Mom's Cruise. I've seen a few forum posts at Self Starters Weekly Tips and Carrie has blogged about it too. So, I thought, what a great idea! I'll go on the cruise. I have always wanted to go on one, and this would be the perfect one to go on.

I was ALL excited and told my husband all about it. Then he gave me some information that really ticked me off. See there is this thing, this unchangeable, unavoidable thing. We can't do ANYTHING about it. Nothing will change it. And this thing prevents me from going on this cruise. There is no negotiating with this thing, there is no moving around space, no compromising. So, I was angry most of the evening over this thing that prevents me from going on this cruise.

But before the big knock out, another event occurred that I sh0uldn't have even let get to me. I had a conversation with my mom, and her way of being really got on my nerves. I tried to influence her to be a bit more positive and not so blaming and fault finding with a co-worker, but she has such a one track mind. What's the problem, what's their problem, and why are they so bad. Its because they have problems. I guess people just have problems. So she justifies writing them off as someoneto just accept and love just as they are, even if they have faults. And justifies staying angry with them, and having this low opinion of them. That gets under my skin, for more personal reasons of course. After all, she is my mother.

So, I'm extremely disappointed at not being able to go on the cruise, and disappointed with my mother, and disappointed about another situation, which I will not discuss here.

Well, I'm a go getter, a fighter, a winner. I will not let these things slow me down. I will not let these events get in the way. I will find a way to deal with things. I will grow personally, and try to learn something. Maybe I will continue to feel disappointment. I especially hate things I cannot change. God, give me the courage to change the things I can, the willingness to accept what I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference. Dang, I can't remember that serenity prayer now.

Today will be a different day. It's the second day my radio commercial on Tiger Radio Online is running. That's for another post later. I figured out how to track my radio ads!


1 Comments:

At October 19, 2004 at 3:01 PM, Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

Of course you're a winner :)

You know you at least have my notes from the Cruise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home