Master Mixing Career and Fun

What a busy world we live in! How do you pack it all into 24 hour day? Get personal with Melanie Roum, who wears many hats. Wife, entrepreneur, movie lover, social worker, sister, daughter, aunt, sponsor, advertiser...All kinds of hats to discuss here! Some will say I think too much, and I'm intense, so read on!

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Using Internet Radio for your Business

Let's take an adventure into new territory. New to me at least. I often search ebay for cheap advertising deals. Often I find a lot of auctions for traffic and fewer auctions for text links or text ads. But, rarely available are the auctions for radio or television advertising.

So, I was very excited to stumble upon a few interesting opportunities. I bid and won an auction for radio advertising with TigerRadioOnline.com. So, I've waited all week for our retail sites to go up so that I would know where to send these listeners to. At last, we got the correct URLs and I hurridly sent it off to Jack Murphy at Tiger Radio Online. After waiting only a couple more days, my email shows a note from Jack and a little icon indicating an attached file. My breath caught and I opened it as fast as I could.

Now, my husband has these huge speakers im the living room. We have it all wired up so that we can hear sound from the computer in there. So, I clicked to open the file ASAP and heard the most awesome commercial ever!

Listen to it right here : Radio Commercial

Ok, Ok!!! I'm biased, yes, but oh so excited!!! This commercial begins running on Monday. I feel so lucky and blessed today.

Now that I'm done jumping up and down and yelling and screaming and clapping, let me get serious for a minute.

I have done a lot of research on radio advertising on the internet. A lot of it costs the same as regular radio advertising. And, you still need to know about the radio station listeners. Plus, sometimes there is a cost for producing the ad, and possibly some talent fees. Also find out how many and what kind of listeners they have.

I'll be posting about my results later. Hopefully friends, we will be gaining new satisfied customers at ABCDVD.info.

Thank you Tiger Radio Online for helping me break into radio advertising. Please
listen live and view the website at Tiger Radio Online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home